Privacy & Cookies Policy
U Hotels & Resorts recognizes the importance of the protection of personal data for you of our products and services. We know you care how information about you is collected, used, disclosed, and transferred outside of Thailand. The information you share with us allows us to provide the products and services you need and want appropriately tailored for you. We appreciate your trust that we will carefully and sensibly handle your personal data while giving you the very best personalized experience and customer services.
U Hotels & Resorts grant you permission to download, reproduce and retransmit information posed on the U Hotels & Resorts Brand website ("information"), subject to your agreement to abide by the following conditions:
- You may download, reproduce, and retransmit information solely for non-commercial purposes within your organisation.
- You must retain and reproduce each and every copyright notice or other proprietary rights notice contained in any Information you download, copy, or retransmit.
- Except for the foregoing limited authorisation, no license to or right in any copyright of U Hotels & Resorts or any other party is granted or conferred to you.
- U Brand websites may contain or reference trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of U Hotels & Resorts, its affiliates, and/or other parties. No license to or right in trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of U Hotels & Resorts and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
- All U Hotels & Resorts information is provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- Concerning all communications you make to U Hotels & Resorts regarding the information, including, without limitation, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like: (a) you shall have no right of confidentiality in your communications and U Hotels & Resorts shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) U Hotels & Resorts shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and/or distribute your communications to others without limitation; and (c) U Hotels & Resorts shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, and/or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, the development, production, and/or marketing of materials, products, and/or services that incorporate such information.
The personal information we collect
With your consent, we collect information from and about you. This is collected from either your visits to our websites or through the use of our services. The information we collect includes:
The contact information we ask for is related to the guest details needed to complete an online reservation or registration to our Ur Card Recognition Programme. For example, we ask for your name, email address, phone number and travel periods. We may also collect your physical address.
Demographic information and preferences
We collect your demographic information. This includes your gender, salutation, nationality, country of residence or date of birth. We may also ask for your language or stay preferences.
Stay and Ur Card Recognition Programme information
Your stay history and Ur card programme membership information are collected by us. This may range from the hotels in our group that you have stayed at, your arrival and departure dates, services or goods you purchase to any special requests or service preferences that you may have. We also collect information on your use of our Ur Card Recognition Programme including how and where you earn or redeem rewards.
Information you submit, post or share
We collect any information you submit, post or share. This could include enquiries submitted using our forms or email, customer feedback or surveys about your stay and job applications through our websites.
Information while you access our websites is collected. For example, we collect information on the browser or device you used to access our websites, the amount of time you are active on our website, how you interact with it or the sites you visit after leaving. This data is used mainly for statistical analysis or marketing purposes, it is not connected to any protected personal information such as your name, address or payment details.
We collect your personal information through:
- You are signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- You visiting our websites;
- You making a reservation or staying in any of our properties;
- You dining in our food and beverage outlets;
- You applying for a job with us;
- You participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- You using our products or services;
- You contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- Our conducting or completing of transactions;
- Our conducting of market research or surveys; and
- Our conducting of interviews.
What are Cookies
“Cookies” are small data files which are placed on your computer, tablet, mobile telephone or other devices used to collect and record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with websites. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire when you leave our websites. These allow us to link your actions with that particular browsing session
- Cookies that are stored on your device between browsing sessions let us remember your preferences or actions while on our websites
- First-party cookies (or tracking) that we have set on our websites
- Third-party cookies (or tracking) that are set by our third-party partners
You can be assured that the cookies we use only aggregate website data and do not contain protected information.
We work with third-party companies or service partners including Google who are authorised to place third-party cookies and similar technologies for storing information on our websites with our permission. These service partners are also committed to helping us provide you with a safer, better and faster experience.
The majority of commercial Internet browsers will automatically accept cookies. However, if you prefer to delete cookies or have them automatically refused, this can be done by changing the settings on your Internet browser. The “Help” section on your browser toolbar offers instructions on how to make these adjustments.
You can also control tools on your mobile devices. For example, location services or push notifications on your phone can be switched off. These settings are device-specific.
Where we use your personal information
We use your personal information to improve our services and provide you with a personalised website experience. The following describes how your personal information may be used.
Questions or enquiries
We may use the information to respond to any of your questions or enquiries. For example, we may use this information to fulfil a request for your hotel reservation, help you with additional services, assist you with Ur Card Recognition Programme, dining or ask for your feedback in a customer survey.
The information we collect is used to improve our website and services. We may use this information to make our hotels, Ur Card Recognition Programme, dining or services better. The information may also be used towards analytics or personalising your website experience. Where legally permitted, we may combine the information we get from you with the information we are able to attain from our third-party service providers too.
The personal information we collect may also be used for marketing purposes. For example, we may from time-to-time send information to you about new services or exclusive offers, serve you ads about our properties, invite you to join our Ur Card Recognition Programme or give you updates on new openings, new restaurant offers and website features. We may also send you to push notifications to your mobile devices.
Your information may be used for security purposes. Where legally permitted, we could use this to protect our customers, websites or our company.
Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Privacy Statement
U Hotels & Resorts respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement is issued on behalf of all companies managed by us so when we mention "we", "us", "our" or the “Company” in this privacy statement.We use CCTV cameras to monitor and record individuals on and around certain premises of ours. We have established and disclose this CCTV Privacy Statement as our approach to explain how we collect, use or disclose your personal data, and how we protect personal data and properly handle such data according to the applicable data protection regulations.
The Company regularly reviews and, if appropriate, updates this Privacy Statement from time to time to ensure that your personal data is properly protected. In case of any significant update to this Privacy Statement, we will inform you via appropriate channel.
1. Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We collect your personal data through the CCTV system for the purpose of monitoring and maintaining the safety, health and well-being of customers, and for security to protect U Hotels’ assets and employees.
The processing of your personal data above is necessary for our legitimate interest for guaranteeing the security of our facilities.
2. Personal Data We Collect
We collect images caught on CCTV cameras which may include static images and video images, and no voice is recorded.
3. Data Retention Period
The images will be kept for up to 30 days. After that period, any CCTV recorded footage is automatically deleted.
Your data may be communicated to the relevant government bodies and authorities if necessary and requested as authorized under the applicable laws.
5. Personal Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights under the conditions set out under applicable law:
• Access: You are entitled at any time to obtain your Personal Information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases we ask you to pay reasonable fees before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law.
• Rectification: You may request that we rectify any of your Personal Information that is incomplete or incorrect.
• Deletion: You may request that we delete your account and your Personal Information.
• Restriction: You may ask us to restrict the use of your Personal Information for example if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate grounds is still under consideration.
• Objection: You have the right to object to collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, which is carried out to protect our legitimate interests or for performance of tasks in the public interest, at any time, in accordance with the statutory provisions. If you file an objection, we will continue to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information only if we can document mandatory and legitimate reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if collection, use or disclosure is for the establishment, compliance or exercise of legal claims or defense of legal claims, as may be applicable.
• Right to Revoke Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
• Data Portability: If applicable, you may request us to send you your Personal Information which we store in a commonly used and machine-readable format or to send or transfer your Personal Information in such format to other data controllers as provided by the law.
• Right to File a Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint to the supervisory authority under the PDPA anytime the Company violates or does not comply with the PDPA.
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such request, and your request will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. We may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in some cases, e.g. if your Personal Information is connected with personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your Personal Information due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting our accounting processes, processing of claims, for fraud detection or prevention purposes, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.
6. Security Measures for Personal Data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this statement or our privacy practices or exercise of your rights, please contact our team members of the premises you are currently on or
8. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We keep our Privacy Statement under regular review. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement. If you would like to review the version of the Privacy Statement that was effective immediately prior to this revision, please contact us at email@example.com
How we protect your personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. The key precautions we take are outlined below.
We use an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and ensure complete confidentiality when you access our websites. Your payment details and all information that you provide through forms on our websites are automatically encrypted when it is transferred using the SSL.
A padlock and green ‘Secure’ remark are located in your address bar as well web addresses starting with ‘HTTPS’ can be referred to for assurance that our websites are compliant.
All our properties take steps and precautionary methods to ensure that all private and protected information is kept in secure locations, where only authorised individuals have access. Certain information is also stored in a protected and secure property management system.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us. When you confirm your online reservation with us, the opt-in option is not selected. If you are already part of our email database and no longer want to receive communication, you can also opt out through the unsubscribe link on our websites or from within the email you have received. Alternatively, we are happy for you to send us a request to omit you from our email marketing database too.
Even though you opt-out of marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages including responses to your enquiry and reservation confirmation emails.
We would like to point out that the Internet is not 100% secure. We recommend that you do not share passwords or provide confidential information when using email. For your protection, email responses from us will not contain confidential information either.
Where your information might be shared
Your information may be passed to and used by all companies managed by us. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for any successors in title to our business and third-party service providers or suppliers that process data on our behalf. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We will only disclose protected information about you outside of U Hotels & Resorts Group without your consent where:
• It is required or authorised by law
• We are required to provide you with services you have requested in which case it is deemed that you have given us your consent
• You may have outstanding payments which are owed to us
Updating Privacy Statement & Contact us
We may update this privacy statement by posting a new version on this website, in accordance with new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes. This Policy was last updated in June 2022.